How to resolve error message “0x8004010F an object could not be found”?
While trying to synchronize the offline address list on a Microsoft Exchange Server of any version (Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, 2007 and 2010) you may receive the following error message in the Sync Issues folder:
“0x8004010F An object could not be found”
Once you receive this error message, you will not be able to work on MS Outlook Exchange. Yet, if you try to send an e-mail message, you may receive the following error message if you are using Outlook 2003:
Task ‘Microsoft Exchange Server’ reported error (0x8004010F): ‘The operation failed. An object could not be found.’
You may come across this behavior if problem lies in Properties of the Address lists setting in Exchange System Manager. Such error messages usually pops up when one of the following conditions is true:
- The offline address book list object has a missing address list.
- The offline address book list object has an incorrect address list.
If you find any of the above conditions true with your MS Outlook Exchange 2003 if you view Properties in the Address lists setting in Exchange System Manager, you can go for EDB recovery using underneath method:
1. In Exchange System Manager, expand the Recipients container.
2. Click the Offline Address Lists container.
3. In the right side of the pane, right-click the offline address list object, and then click Properties.
4. On the General tab, verify that a valid address list is populated under Address lists. If a valid address list is not populated under Address lists, you must add one.
Note The default address is the global address list.
5. Click OK.
6. Right-click the offline address list object again, and then click Set as New Default if the offline address list object is not set.
7. If you made any changes, right-click the offline address list object again, and then click Rebuild.
This method of EDB recovery works successfully if you can determine the exact cause of the Exchange malfunction. However, it is not an ultimate solution for every error causing trouble in accessing MS Exchange. If the damage in Exchange is intense, you need to opt for third-party EDB recovery tool. Kernel for EDB recovery is an eminent tool to perform EDB recovery. This brilliantly designed tool can handle any sort of damage in MS Exchange server and of any version, irrespective of the intensity of the damage. With numerous troubleshooting features, Kernel for EDB recovery is a sure-shot solution for EDB recovery.